Saturday, September 19, 2015

Do you ever feel like you are too busy to keep up with all the things you need to keep up with, or all the people you would like connect with?  I feel that way.  In fact, I've been feeling that way for a long time.  I feel like I am too busy to connect with people and am too busy to keep up with things going on in my life.  I also know, however, that this is not entirely accurate!  I was talking with my daughter, Elleah, the other night before bedtime prayers and she was frustrated with me because we didn't go shopping for the school supplies she needed for her Velveteen Rabbit project.  It was 9:30pm and she wanted to go shopping right then and there and was upset with my decision to do it a different day.  Part of my response to her was that she chose to do other things with friends and to stay busy instead of remind me to go shopping for the materials ... and that's when it hit me.  I also have the time to connect with the people I want to connect with and to complete the tasks I need to complete if I make them a priority.  I have made other things my priority instead and then complain when relationships fall to the wayside.

I do want to be a better communicator.  I also concede that I suck at communication (evidenced by my previous post date of 2012).  Here's to better blogging and communicating! 

No comments: